Oh my goodness, I have been nominated for the Liebster Award and I’m delighted to accept! It’s such a lovely thing when someone comments or likes a post you’ve worked so hard on, and to receive a nomination just makes you feel all warm and gooey inside!
I can’t go on without massively thanking the wonderful The Thought Card for nominating me. So, be a doll and check out her amazing blog!
Now, the Liebster Award is a way of recognising other bloggers and helping the newer ones get themselves out there. And there are very specific rules which are …
- Thank the amazing person who nominated you.
- Display the logo for the award.
- Nominate 5-10 other bloggers with less than 200 followers, let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts.
Answer the questions that the person who nominated you has set and pose 11 new questions to your nominees.
My questions, set by The Thought Card, were as follows.
- What’s your nationality?
British, old chap!
- Would you rather explore a new planet or the deepest part of the ocean? Why?
I think I’d rather visit the deepest part of the ocean because of all the beautiful colours and sea life (despite the fact that there may be sharks and big fish lurking about!).
- What are some of the best friend’s qualities?
I think loyalty, integrity and a good sense of humour are essential.
- Cats, dogs or neither?
Cats, all the way!! I have two cats – the feisty Trixie and fluffball Tallulah.
- Which are you likely to fight for, love or money? Why?
I will always fight for love ❤ While money provides security and piece of mind, a life without love is a crying shame.
- If you could speak another language, which would it be? Why?
Je parle un peu le français! ¡Y hablo un poco de español tambien!
- Would you rather receive a text message or call? Why?
I think it depends on the situation. A little text to say that someone is thinking of you is so sweet but generally, it’s lovely to receive phone call because that person has taken the time to think of you and talk to you.
- What’s the single best decision you’ve made in your life so far?
One of the best decisions I made was not to go to a residential university. I was meant to study in Lincoln but due to family illness and other factors, I had to withdraw. I am now studying for my degree with the Open University. This has allowed me to earn money, gain work experience and have flexibility with my studies. Oh, and meet some great people!
- Do you focus on the big picture or do you get lost in the details?
I love tiny details but I love planning more and tend to focus on the big picture. (I totally had a five year plan when I was 19! haha!)
- Luxury or low maintenance?
Hmmm, tricky one! I like to think I’m low maintenance when it matters but I can’t help but appreciate (and admire) life’s luxuries.
- What are you looking forward to the most?
I’m looking forward to finishing my degree, mainly because I’ll feel like my life will finally be starting!
Now, for the exciting part: my nominees!! Make sure you keep an eye out for their fabulous blogs 🙂
These lovely bloggers will now have the option to accept the nomination and answer the eleven questions I’ve set them. These are..
1. In what country do you currently live?
2. Favourite local delicasy?
3. What’s your earliest memory?
4. You can have any superpower for the rest of your life – what would you choose?
5. Do you believe in true love and soul mates? If so, why?
6.. If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, which song would it be and why?
7. Someone offers you the holiday of a lifetime to a destination of your choice – where do you go?
8. If you could only have one condiment (ketchup, burger sauce, mayo, etc) for the rest of your life, what would it be? Why?
9. Would you rather have a maid to clean for you and have to cook all your own meals, or a chef to cook for you whenever you’d like but you have to clean your home all the time?
10. Sweet or savoury?
11. What do you hope to achieve in your life? Your life’s goal?
Thank you once again for my nomination The Thought Card and to everyone (ok, all five of you!) who actually read my blog 🙂 Good luck to my nominees and keep up the brilliant work!!