People always ask, where do you see yourself in five years? What are you going to do once you’ve finished your degree? What do you want to do for your career? And I always fumble out some response and manage to change the subject. Not because I don’t have a plan but because I know how easily things can change. I’ve always had a vague idea in my mind about how I’d like my life to pan out but I don’t like to have too many things set in stone. Tackling things in small doses, with a movable end goal in sight, is how I’ve begun living my life. I still have a solid plan but I like to think that it’s written in pencil rather than ink.
With that in mind, I was thinking about the upcoming year and all the things I want to achieve in those twelve months. I grabbed my trusty notebook and jotted down everything I could think of, and came up with my main five.
- Reach my ideal weight – having worked hard on achieving this goal for the past months (and having lost 16 pounds so far!), I know 2016 will be the year I reach my target weight.
- Get my second tattoo – I know what I want, I just need to figure out where to get inked this time!
- Visit Liverpool – I know I’ve mentioned my eagerness to visit this city before and I’m hoping to get this in motion next year.
- Eat in a Michelin star restaurant – already booked! You can read about it in my previous post here.
- Put myself first – in my mind, the most important item on my list. I’ve put a lot of work into myself and my self-worth, and I want to keep pushing forward.
I absolutely have more than five goals for 2016 but, as I’ve said previously, baby steps. Not need to run before I can walk! I also have some more personal goals that are for me and me only.
Above all though, I want health and happiness (and if at all possible, a little touch of wealth ;)) for all my friends and loved ones.
What are your wishes for 2016? What do you hope to achieve through the year?